Interested in experiencing worship at St. Paul’s or Trinity? There is no dress code or expectations about what you know. Come as you. Doubts and questions are welcome. Know that we all wonder at times.
- December 12, 2018 12:00 pmMinisterial Advent Lunch
- December 16, 2018 9:15 amSung Euchrist
- December 16, 2018 11:00 amSung Eucharist
- December 20, 2018 10:30 amCommunion Service - Iler Lodge
What to expect:
- You will be greeted as you enter and handed a bulletin. This is our ‘program’ which highlights what will happen in the service, including page references and prayers and information about upcoming events along with other announcements.
- There are two books used in worship: the red Book of Common Prayer (BCP – used at St. Paul’s at 8am) or the green Book of Alternative Services (BAS – used at Trinity at 9:15am and St. Paul’s at 11am as well as summer services). The words of our prayers and responses are found in these.
- At Trinity, the service is projected on the front wall and at St. Paul’s it is projected on a television screen above the organ making it easy to follow along.
- Music is generally found in the blue Common Praise books unless otherwise provided in the bulletin and/or projected on the screen/television. There are no sung hymns at our 8am service.
- There will be an opportunity to give a monetary offering to support the work of the church at the Offertory (following the passing of the peace). You are welcome to contribute but please don’t feel that you have to.
- We typically celebrate Communion offering both bread and wine at our Sunday services. All Baptised Christians are welcome to receive from the Lord’s table. If you would prefer a blessing, you can come forward and cross your arms over your chest to signify this. While we make every effort to ensure that Communion is accessible to all – if for some reason you are unable to come forward but would like Communion or a blessing, please let one of our parishioners know so that they can inform our priest.
- Following the blessing at the 9:15am and 11am services, the community is invited to sit down so that those who feel compelled to do so can share thanks through our “Thank you Bank.” Each month donations to the bank are given to designated charities (see the bulletin to find out where this month’s donations go). Announcements are also offered at this time.
- At the end of the service – following the recessional hymn and dismissal, it is our tradition at the 9:15am and 11am services to sit or kneel and sing “Go Now in Peace”. The words for this song are found on the yellow cards in the holders on the back of the pews and projected on the screen/television.
- Once a month, following service, we share fellowship in the hall with coffee, tea and treats. All are welcome.
Not sure how to get here: Check out the map on our Contact Us page