Essex County has an active Ministerial group which encompasses representation from St. Paul’s/Trinity Anglican Churches, Holy Name of Jesus Roman Catholic Church, Brooker Baptist Church, Essex Salvation Army, Bethel Maidstone, Essex, Cottam and Woodslee United Churches, and the Christian Reformed Church. Clergy from these churches meet regularly throughout the year to support one another and plan participation in collective events including:
- Advent Lunch Series – held in different churches on Wednesdays at noon during the first 3 weeks of Advent. Services are led by clergy from outside the host church and feature a reflection on a common theme. Light lunches are provided to encourage fellowship.
- Week of Prayer for Christian Unity – each year this service is hosted by a different church with a special speaker or presentation and fellowship.
- Lenten Lunch Series – held in different churches on Wednesdays at noon beginning Ash Wednesday and continuing until the week before Holy Week. Services are led by clergy from outside the host church and feature a reflection on a common theme. Light lunches are provided to encourage fellowship.
- Essex Fun Fest sunrise service – offered on the Sunday of the second weekend in July as part of the annual Fun Fest celebrations, this service brings together clergy and worshipping communities from around the region to Sadler’s Pond.
- Remembrance Day worship – along with the local legions, clergy gather at Essex United and Trinity Anglican Church to honour service men and women.
Upcoming Ecumenical Worship opportunities include: [eventlist categories=”13″ end=”+4 weeks” whitelabel=true]